I will be talking about Autel's MX sensor TPMS batch programming feature and how to batch programming Autel sensor(Rubber stem/Metal stem).
This is available on both the TS508 and TS608 TPMS tools, but let's quickly define what batch programming is and when we might choose this method over the other one senosr programming methods.Batching sensor programming allows technicians to perform programming on multiple sensors for a specific vehicle application.
Autel's TPMS tools support programming up to 16 sensors at a time, each sensor is programmed with a unique sensor ID. The only difference between this method and other programming methods, such as copy by activation,copied by obd and copy by input, is that the batch program sensors have unique IDs. And are not based on any existing sensor information contained within the vehicle. A relearn will always be required to register the new IDs to the control module.
Programming sensors this ways might be the perfect time saving option for techs, who are replacing a complete set of sensors or servicing fleet vehicles, such as police fire and medical response. You could create a TPMS part bin for each type of fleet vehicle, Autel 1-sensors can be pre-programmed and kept on the shelf ready to go anytime a sensor needs to be replaced.
Let us perform this programming method using the 👍TS608
- Plug the MaxiTPMS TS608 VCI into the obd2 port
- Put the vehicle in the on position, the TS608 is powered on and paired with the bluetooth VCI
- Select TPMS, AutoVIN ,then Auto detect,Then the screen will display the information of your vehicle.
- Here's our main TPMS interface on the tablet, we always recommend performing a TPMS diagnose prior to planning our repair process to accomplish this
- Activate the sensors at each wheel, and tap diagnose. The MaxiTPMS TS608 compares the existing senosr ID's and wheel locations with the information registered within the TPMS control module.
After performing our diagnosis, let's move on to sensor programming
- Tap the middle tab listed programming on the bottom of the screen are the four one sensor programming methods
- The methods the auto create will allow you to batch program
- Tap that before we tap the OK button.
- Let us get our sensors ready.
- Be sure to stay several feet away from other sensors to avoid crosstalk.
- The activation antenna is here, on the top right of the MaxiTPMS TS608 tablet. It is important to remember that only the sensors that you want to program are laid out in front of the tablet.
- because once we tap OK, the tool then determines the nember of one sensors before it and displays this message four sensors were detected, do you want to continue, we tap OK.
- Autel TS608 programs the four sensors for this vehicle application with each sensor having its own unique ID. the IDs are displayed in this first column, we're all set install the sensors in the tires and perform the relearn procedure specific to this vehicle.