Autel PowerScan PS100 Review: best electrical tester for reducing vehicle diagnostic time
After using Autel PowerScan PS100, I bear that the tool is the best electrical tester for reducing diagnostic time in all 6-30V vehicle electrical systems.
PS100 electrical tester features AVOmeter, test light, built-in flashlight, short circuit indicator, relay/component tester, continuity tester and bad ground indicator, the PowerScan PS100 is truly the ultimate in power and affordability, allowing users to check circuitry in one single step.
This Electrical System Diagnostic Tool is built for DIY enthusiasts, car owners, car mechanics, and car enthusiasts with a great price.
PS100 Review Content
1. Technical Specifications of Autel PowerScan PS100
2. Look at the box of ps100
3.Honest Review of Autel PowerScan PS100
3.1 Four modes to diagnose the electrical systems
3.2 5 convenient functions
3.3 powered via the vehicle battery
3.4 short-circuit protected
3.5 20ft extendable cable & Built-in Flashlight
4. Advantage of Autel PS100
5.Summary: how about Autel ps100
6. Where can I buy Autel PS100 and how much?
Technical Specifications of Autel PowerScan PS100
Autel PS100 Specifications
|Display:||: TFT color display (160 x 128 dpi)|
|Operating Temperature:||0 to 60°C (32 to 140 F°)|
|Storage Temperature:||-40 to 70°C (-40 to 185 F°)|
|External Power:||12.0 or 24.0 V power provided via vehicle battery|
|Voltage & Polarity Testing:||Yes|
|Signal Circuit Testing:||Yes|
|Activating Components in Your Hand:||Yes|
|Testing Trailer Lights and Connections:||Yes|
|Activating Components in The Vehicle:||Yes|
|Activating Components w/Ground:||Yes|
|Checking for Bad Ground Contacts:||Yes|
|Following & Locating Short Circuits:||Yes|
|Red/Green Polarity LED:||Yes|
|Warranty:||One year limited warranty|
Check Today’s Price
Look at the box of Autel ps100
All Accessories Included by Autel PS100 Box
- 1 × PowerScan PS100
- 1 × Rugged blow molded case
- 1 × 20ft. extension cable1 × Probe tip
- 1 × Battery hookup clips
- 1 × Cigarette lighter adapter
- 1 × User's Manual
Honest Review of Autel PowerScan PS100
Four modes to diagnose the electrical systems
There are four modes to diagnose the electrical systems, which can be accessed by depressing the Mode Button and cycling through each one.
DC Voltage: While the tool in this mode, contact the probe tip to a circuit, then the LCD display will read the DC voltage with a resolution of 0.1V.
AC Voltage: While the tool in this mode, contact the probe tip to a circuit, then the LCD display will read the Max. voltage, the Min. voltage, frequency and duty cycle.
Resistance: While the tool in this mode, contact the probe tip to a circuit, then the LCD display will read the resistance between the tip and auxiliary ground lead.
Tone On/Off: While the tool in this mode, just do a quick press of the mode button to toggle the tone on or off. While quickly pressing (a quick press and release) the mode button, if a short high beep is heard, this means the audio tone is turned on. If a short low beep is heard, the audio tone is turned off.
5 convenient functions
- Performs every type of service including power injection, measurement, ground testing, polarity checks, continuity testing and components activation.
- Easy to read AVOmeter allows you to read voltage, current and resistance at the fingertip.
- With a flip of the power switch, you have an instant hot/ground lead for powering up electrical components like cooling fans, relays, etc.
- Simultaneously uses the hot lead and the ground lead to activate components right in your hand
- Instantly identifies positive, negative and open circuits; Tests for bad ground contacts instantly, allowing you to follow and locate shorts fast without wasting fuses; Instantly checks continuity of switches, relays and diodes
The tool is short-circuit protected. Its internal circuit breaker will trip if it becomes overloaded. The circuit breaker is a valuable test tool as well as a safety measure to protect the tool from overload.
powered via the vehicle battery
The tool is powered via the vehicle battery. Connect the RED battery clamp to the POSITIVE terminal of the vehicle‟s battery, and the BLACK clamp to the NEGATIVE terminal.
20ft extendable cable & Built-in Flashlight
This thing has a wicked long cable (up to 20ft) provides excellent accessibility to test along the vehicle. Need to troubleshoot a wiring loom under the car? Not only will this do the job, but it has a decent LED light. Built-in Flashlight enables you to work in the dark.
Advantage of Autel PS100
Autel PowerScan PS100 is the best electrical tester for reducing diagnostic time in all 6- to 30-volt vehicle electrical systems. After a simple hook-up of the tool to the vehicle's battery, you can:
1. Determine at a glance if a circuit is positive, negative, or open without having to reconnect clips from one battery pole to another.
2.Test for continuity with its built-in auxiliary ground lead.
3. By depressing the power switch, conduct a positive or negative battery current to the probe tip for testing the function of an electrical component without the use of jumper wires.
4. Test for poor ground contacts instantly without performing voltage drop tests. The tool is also short-circuit protected; its internal circuit breaker will trip if it becomes overloaded.
5. Follow and locate short circuits without wasting fuses. The tool's long cable allows you to test along the entire length of the vehicle without constantly searching for suitable vehicle grounds.
Summary: how about Autel ps100
All in all, I think Autel Powerscan PS100 a great tool for the features and price point. Easy to use and fast, and anyone can skillfully operate without learning.
Also,Compare with the power probe, Autel PowerScan PS100 has one particular feature I was interested in, this has a kinda scope feature that can really be useful when troubleshooting sensors on the fly along with a very bright and easy to read screen as well as an ohm meter it had me curious as to how good it is. So far it has been very useful and works well, I don’t need a separate meter for certain testing and it has been accurate in testing.
Where can I buy Autel PS100 and how much?
Autel PowerScan PS100 Electrical System Diagnostic Tool for sale:£75.00 GBP, normally in Amazon is £95.00 GBP. Free shipping(on https://www.obdprice.co.uk/collections/autel-medium-scan-tools/products/autel-powerscan-ps100-car-auto-circuit-testers). The customer service usually dispatches goods within 24hours, they reply to my email or message ASAP and helpful. Check Autel PS100 in Online Store.
Question: Are the PowerScan Probe Tester computer and air bag safe?
Answer: The tool LED and LCD pull no more than 1 milliamp of current, therefore when using it as a test light or multimeter it is computer and air bag safe. However, pressing the power switch is a different story. When you press the switch forward, you are conducting full battery current to the tip of the probe. There is a nice safety feature built into the tool. Simply connect the extra ground lead to the tool and press the power switch forward until it trips the circuit breaker. This will prevent power from going to the tip but still allow you to use the tool as a multimeter. When you are away from computer components, simple press the reset button and you are ready to power up again.
Question: Why do I have no power at the tip when I am pressing the power switch forward but the red LED is on?
Answer: The power switch goes through a lot. It is one of the few things that go wrong with the tool. The switch is a consumable that needs to be replaced on occasion. We have made it really simple to not only change it but also buy a new switch. The switch can be snapped out and replaced in seconds.